Friday 14 October 2011

Foccasia/Pizza Bread





I recently ordered for Pizza from a popular Pizza chain and was appalled to know that a 12inch pizza would easily set you back by 500-600 bucks, now that’s big money.  Therefore this week thought of blogging about. The recipe for this dough I happen to get from a visiting Italian chef, this is a thin crust fresh dough pizza. And the same dough can also be used to make Foccasia which is a traditional flat bread of Italy.  Try this recipe it’s amazing to see the crusty bread and the aroma of the sauce and cheese bubbling away in the oven and for a fraction of the prize which you spend on a ready made pizza.



 This is Focaccia a very popular flat oven baked Italian bread it is seasoned with sea salt ,olive oil and herbs.

Ingredients

For the dough
500 gms Flour refined
10gms dry yeast
250ml water
50ml extra virgin olive oil
5gms salt
pinch of sugar

For the sauce
100gms Tomato Puree (Canned)
20gms chopped galic
10gms chopped celery

10gms fresh basil

 I have used a mix of Processed cheese and Mozzarella  because just using mozzarella can be quiet tasteless so prefer using both processed for its taste factor and Mozzarella for its stringiness.
In a bowl mix together all the ingredients for the bread that is flour, oil, water,salt ,sugar.


Knead the dough for 10mins till the dough is smooth and elastic.
Form in to a nice round ball apply some oil in bowl and cling film it.  The next process is proving the dough i prefer to keep it over night in a refrigerator.
In the morning it will double in size.
Punch the dough and flatten it out now divide the dough for the pizza you can take around 100gms of dough. and the rest can be made in a foccasia.

Now for the sauce heat oil in a sauce pan add chopped garlic and celery. next add the tomato puree and chopped basil. add salt and sugar to taste.
Strain the sauce in a soup strainer.
Now roll the dough evenly into a 10inch diameter and around 1inch thickness.

With the help of a spoon evenly coat the surface with the sauce.

Now cover it with both the cheeses and sprinkle some chopped basil over it.
Lightly pour some extra virgin olive oil over the pizza.
Bake in a preheated over at 200 degrees till you see the cheese is bubbling away

For the foccasia roll the dough into a rectangle, prick the dough with a knife add some sliced onion, some pizza sauce and some chopped onions and bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 15mins.


5 comments:

  1. looks good. am sure it tastes yummy as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your recipe will definitely make me save some 500 to 600 rupees which I usually spend on pizzas; a million thanks to u and keep blogging.

    From: sriramnivas.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always dreaded the moments when I'd crave pizzas. Dominos and Pizza hut have gone sky high!!!
    I've recently been reading many food blogs, so that I can show the mouth watering recipes to my mom and have my fill of the delicious food showcased on blogs. This one too is gonna be show to my mom, I can't wait, just thinking about this Pizza is making me go mad. No more lightened pockets XD


    If you could spare a few minutes, could you read a post of mine? And maybe leave a short feedback or a vote? It'd help me out big time, i'd appreciate it a lot Ma'am :)

    http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=90039

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom's signature dish, havent prepared since a long, yours makes me drool and pulling me to try soon..
    Auction house Oldham

    ReplyDelete